See the Featured page for more information.
Annual celebration of the engineering profession throughout Northwest Florida and is hosted by Florida Engineering Society (FES), Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and Society of Women Engineers (SWE). This is a ticketed event and will be held in the UWF Conference Center. Also coincides with the grand opening of the new UWF School of Science and Engineering Building.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships to students majoring in disciplines related to oceanic and atmospheric science, research, or technology, and supportive of the purposes of NOAA’s programs and mission, e.g., biological, social and physical sciences; mathematics; engineering; and computer and information sciences.
Undergraduate Scholarships (for students who are currently sophomores)
- Educational Partnership Program Undergraduate Scholarship (Deadline February 17, 2010): http://www.epp.noaa.gov/ssp_undergrad_page.html
- Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Deadline January 29, 2010): http://www.oesd.noaa.gov/Hollings_info.html
Graduate Scholarships (for seniors who are applying to graduate school and current graduate students:
- Graduate Sciences Program (Deadline January 22, 2010): http://www.epp.noaa.gov/ssp_grad_sciences_page.html
- Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program (Deadline March 31, 2010): http://www.fosterscholars.noaa.gov/
Eligibility requirements are:
- US Citizenship
- 3.0 GPA
- Studying a NOAA science: atmospheric science, biology, cartography, chemistry, computer science, engineering, environmental science, geodesy, geography, marine science, mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physical science, photogrammetry, physics, etc.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Chantell Haskins and Victoria Dancy
NOAA Office of Education
1315 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 713-9437 x150
The UWF branch of FES, IEEE, SWE, and HKN is dedicating volunteer time to aid faculty to move into the new facility on Wednesday, December 16 and Thursday, December 17 from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Volunteers should bring gloves, wear closed toe shoes, and wear clothing that may hinder moving boxes and equipment.
For those who are helping on the 16th all day, please bring a lunch.
For those who are helping on the 17th, David Algeo has arranged for Tektronics to buy lunch. In order for that to happen, he needs to know how many people will be there. Email Dr. Gilbar to confirm. email@example.com
December 5, 2009, 2:00pm
Last Saturday, we inducted 13 new members into Eta Kappa Nu. Almost 40 people attended the ceremony including friends and family of the inductees. The ceremony took place at the Best Western Navarre Hotel who graciously donated a conference room for our use. Also, Buffalo Wild Wings of Pensacola catered the event with a donation of 150 wings. We would like to thank both of them for their support.
The 13 new members are:
Nathaniel M. Eubanks
Adam M. Fralic
Asa Thomas Furman
Dae Bryant Kim
Jeremiah Andrew Montee
Jessica K. Oshana
Jarrod Donald Palmer
Chad M. Sloman
Brandon J. Walker